After four years of intensive research VLT has developed the ultimate solution for Roller Brake Testers up to 5000 kg axle weight. VLT’s motor driven rollers are the most innovative solution for Roller Brake Testers nowadays.
The benefits of this design:
- No loss of brake force due to misalignment
- Internal wear and losses in gearbox / motor combination are compensated
- Brake force measurement directly on the rollers
- Very accurate brake force readings
- Suitable for applied test mode (e.g. for electric parking brakes in modern cars)
- High IP65 protection
- Very compact construction
- Low maintenance
- Roller body made out of high tension T6 aluminium, no corrosion problems
The 4000 kg model is also available with extra long rollers (1050 mm), which results in a minimum / maximum test width of 350 mm / 2450 mm. This makes this model suitable for testing a wide range of vehicles, ranging from small quads to light goods vehicles with double rear tyres. A model with separate rollersets for installation over an inspection pit is also available.
These roller brake testers are available with separate monitor and relay box (standard), or with controller console with monitor.
This Roller Brake Tester can also be combined with a Sideslip Tester and a Suspension Tester.